Friday 4 March 2011

Nighttime transitions

After fourteen months of asking, the boy has finally gotten his wish:


He gets to sleep with his "baby bruzzer".

I've put the baby to sleep in our bed since the night he was born. But last week, after the boy asked for the four hundredth time if his little brother could ("pleeeeease") sleep in his bed with him, I decided it was as good a time as any to try.

The transition went far more smoothly than I expected. I kept our bedtime routine the same; only the location changed. After he had nursed for a while, I laid him down beside his (very excited) brother, patted his back a few times, and sat beside the bed with my laptop. A few minutes later, they were asleep.

They've yet to both make it a full night there, but that's fine with me. I'm enjoying the extra space as I fall asleep at night, and I'm happy to have him back snuggling with me when he wakes up later on. The boy has his usual spot on the floor in our room, pallet and blanket ready and waiting - not that it stops him from occasionally slipping quietly into our bed instead!

I sure love these snuggly boys of mine, and I am so glad they have each other to grow up with.


(Don't forget to enter the giveaway!)

5 comments:

  1. This has got to be the sweetest thing I've seen/read all day!

    I'm pleased for you that the transition is going so smoothly, too! Any transition can be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond precious! How wonderful to seem the so happily bonding with one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats that the transition went so smoothly! This was adorable to read, and the picture was so sweet. They're so cute all flopped out everywhere in bed.

    Cute cute cute!

    Delena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll just answer here. I hadn't deleted my comment, don't know what happened, do I need to repost? I think I saved it somewhere for future reflection. Tell me on my blog if I need to do so

    ReplyDelete