Thursday 8 December 2011

Never-ending cleaning

I scrub house, even though everything just gets dirty again.

Never-ending dishes.

Never-ending laundry.

Never-ending sweeping.

But I do it and it is good and holy work, because all is worship when does as worship.


I scrub heart, even though it just gets dirty again.

Never-ending repentance.

Never-ending forgiveness.

Never-ending sin-scrubbing.

But I do it and I cling to the promise that He will complete this good work He has begun in me.


Never-ending cleaning of home and heart: This, along with my ceaseless thanks and praise, is my daily offering to You. May it bring You glory.

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely and well put. Thank you for the reminder that what we stay at home moms do has eternal value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Actually, I am even going to print this out and put it in my kitchen and laundry room. And then I'm going to print it out again and mail it to my sisters. :) It's profoundly beautiful and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes. Or rather: Amen, amen, amen.

    I think of this all the time. You captured it perfectly.

    *tweeting it* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And always remember to step back and rejoice once a space has been cleaned. Relish the work you have done and the clean you have created. It does get messy again, but there is that oh, so short time when you can enjoy the clean. And I'm always sure to do that. You've written trueness well here.-heather

    ReplyDelete