May's blog hop featured the topic "Preparing For Baby The Natural Way". Today we're wrapping up the hop with a categorized summary of this wonderful collection of links. Enjoy!
- Momma in Progress writes a beautiful Letter To My Preggo Self.
- Code Name: Mama shares a video and description of Prenatal Massage Techniques.
- I Thought I Knew Mama shares 5 Easy Ways for Pregnant Women to Reduce Their Exposure to Chemicals.
Preparing for Birth: Classes, Books, and Preparations
- A Little Bit of All of It discusses childbirth classes in a number of articles, including:
- Childbirth Education
- Lots of Thoughts on Childbirth Education
- Not All Childbirth Classes are Equal; or, You Get What You Pay For
- Preparing for Birth: Childbirth Education
- I Thought I Knew Mama shares The Benefits of a Private Natural Childbirth Class and Experiments in Natural Family Living: 5 First Steps Toward Preparing for a Natural Birth.
- A Little Bit of All of It reviews the books Gentle Birth Choices and The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth.
- The Artful Mama describes her initial birth plans in I’m Only Half Planning a Natural Birth, and then shares how she handles changes to the plan in All This Over a Tub.
- Red and Honey also shares an update on her Birth Location Plans.
Care Providers and Birth Support
- A Little Bit of All of It offers her thoughts on Choosing a Care Provider for Prenatal Care. She also shares several links from other natural parents regarding Choosing a Care Provider and Birth Support, as well as a guest post on the topic of Doula Defined.
- The Artful Mama describe How (Not) to Interview Your Perspective Doula.
All About Siblings
- The Artful Mama offers her thoughts on Preparing Toddlers for Birth.
- Code Name: Mama describes How to Prepare Young Children for Childbirth. She also shares a very helpful collection of 30 Natural Birth Videos and Slideshows to Prepare Children for Labor and Birth (Plus Additional Resources).
- I Thought I Knew Mama talks about Caring for Your Toddler in the Last Weeks of Pregnancy: 7 Things That Work for Me.
Baby Needs and Registries
- Hybrid Rasta Mama shares some great money-saving tips in Don't Go Broke Because of Your Baby.
- Growing Slower offers her Green Baby Registry Part 2 with Printable Checklist.
- Strawberry Fields discusses Cloth Diapers.
- The Artful Mama details her Unexpected Registry.
- I Thought I Knew Mama suggests 5 Pregnancy Gifts for Mamas-to-Be.
- A Little Bit of All of It describes her Birth Plan for Birth Center.
- Farmer's Daughter shares her Birth Plan, as well as a post-birth update!
- Hybrid Rasta Mama offers her thoughts along with a detailed sample Birth Plan.
Packing the Bag
- That Mama Gretchen encourage parents to pack A Birth Bag Especially for Dad.
- Momma Jorje shares her minimalist yet detailed list to help with Packing for the Hospital.
The Big Moment: Childbirth
- A Little Bit of All of It describes The Double Hip Squeeze – Comfort During Labor. She also shares the benefits of Waterbirth along with her own waterbirth experience.
- Barefoot, Christian and Crunchy finds peace in Understanding God will be my comfort in childbirth.
- The Hippie Housewife shares ways to encourage Birth Bonding between parents and the new baby.
June's hop will take place over at Child Organics later this month, featuring the topic "Summer Fun for Children". Be sure to prepare your posts, new or previously-published, and look forward to another excellent collection of links!